Sunday, September 14, 2014

This mission is on FIRE!

Mga mahal kong kapatid, This was one of the bet weeks ever in my mission (and it was not because it was my birthday;))! We were really busy, but those are the best kind of weeks! Our zone here in Camiling is on fire! the work of the Lord is moving :)

On Tuesday, we had our exchanges and I got to lead the area. It was a really good experience and got me excited to improve my teaching! It was also a good time for to reflect the things I need to improve. This transfers is flying by! Next week is transfer week, we don't really know what will happen. We might stay as companions or... we don't really know. :) Surprise is the essence of missionary work... surprise talks in sacrament meeting because the person who was supposed to talk didn't come to church...  surprises at transfers... surprise visits to our investigators so they don't hide... ;) But it really is exciting. 

We also had our Zone Conference on Friday and it was so good!  I learned a lot. They talked to us about being healthy and exercising and eating healthy and stuff like that (I just put this in here for you mom... most likely I will take their advice). There were a lot of good workshops,but most of all I'm impressed with how inspired President Clark is. 

But the highlight of my day was Saturday! We woke up so early and caught a bus headed towards Manila... three hours later, we arrived in Manila and met of with Manylyn, Efren, and other members from my first area in Mabalacat! there are so many changes in that area and I found out a lot of people got baptized that I though had no progress or hope at the time! There are now two wards in that area and I'm so happy that there is so much progress in that area. It was the most amazing thing to be back at the temple! :) And when they were sealed as a family... one of the most beautiful moments of my whole mission. Everybody was crying and it was such a sweet moment that I'm glad I got to be apart of. 

Anyway, Mahal na kayo ko kayong lahat. 
Sister Holmes
PS
I forgot some things.... 
Everybody in Manila thought I was related to the boxer, Larry Holmes. So that's a thing. Second, there was an angel we met at the temple.. not a literal angel, but she was so sweet. She just came back from her mission like 3 months ago and she knows one of the sisters in our zone here in Camiling. She had us go with us to the store so she could by some treats for that sister.. She also bought trats for us! And brownies because she found out it was my birthday! :) She was the sweetest thing. Heavenly Father takes care of His missionaries. That's all :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment