This week I've had kind of a hard time because I'm starting to realize that I'm actually coming home. . .So that's weird. But I think it's so hard because I've reeally come to love my mission. Here's 18 reasons Why :)
1. I love trikes and jeeps. They are super way fun way of public transportation. :)
2. Going to the Market here is really fun because it's cheap even if I don't know how to haggle. :)
3. I am no longer a picky eater... I have eaten balut, dinuguan (meat cooked in blood), buro (fermented rice and fish), squid, frog, crickets and much, much more
4. I have a lot of new friends! Missionaries, members, investigators, and people I just meet. I've learned how to get a long with all sorts of people
5. I have really found a deep appreciation and lvoe for the scriptures. I like the scriptures before and I would read, but I've really learned how to study the scriptures, to ponder and most importantly, apply it in my life :)
6. I LOVE TAGALOG. I love learning Tagalog and I love speaking Tagalog.
7. I've got to learn a lot from going on exchanges.. I have felt like each exchange I've gone on has really been a lesson just fro me.
8. I love being a part of seeing people change. It doesn't happen all at once, but it's amazing to see what people can do :)
9. Everybody tells me I'm pretty. So I'm gonna miss that :) hah
10. I've overcome a lot of fears while I've been here and proved to myself that I can do things I didn't think I could do :)
11. I now understand why people point with their lips here. It's so much easier.
12. I have gotten to know both President and Sister Martino and Presdient and Sister Clark. I'me grateful for the thigns i have learned from each of them.
13. I have a better understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and what He truly did for me and hopw I can show appreicationf or that.
14. Even though I've had hard days, the good days make it worth it. :) ANd I've ahd a lot of good days.
15. I LOVE my companinons :) I learned something from each one of them and I' so grateful for their kindness and the realtionships I've built with each one.
16. I've got to feel the Spirit in a way I never have before. It's an amazing experience to really be guided by the Lord in His work. That's another thing I've learned, Missionary work is the Lor'ds work and He rally does know what He's doing better than we do.
17. It's has been undescribable being apart of other peoploe's conversion. Seeing them struggle, ask questions, then start finding answers and gaining a testimony. They change their lives according to the knowledge they gain and before you know it, they are doing amazing things like giving blessings and serving in callings!
18. It's even betterknowing that I have become converted myself.Before my mission, I thought Iknew why I was coming... But now I've realized it was an experience I needed. Yes, I cam for the right reasons, but I didn't know all those reasons and probably won't know all the effects my mission has had in my life and in the lives of others. But I do know that I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I'm grateful to have served Him and our Heavenly Father for this short time n my life. I still feel like I haven't done enough, but I do know I did my best :) And that's all They ask of us.
Love you all!!
Can't wait to see you ;) ;) :)