Monday, September 1, 2014

Are you Tagalog or English?

Yay another fantastic week in the mission! It's been a hard adjustment, but it's good. I really love this area and I'm grateful for the opportunities that Heavenly Father is giving me. 

It's Christmas now in the Philippines... Christmas music, decorations. If the month ends in -ber... they start with Christmas. I don't know how I feel about it. But I mean, it's good I guess. It is making me excited for Christmas, but then i realized it's still really far. The reason I'm excited though is that the food is so good if it's Christmas!  As in. 

Anyway, there was a cute kid this week that comes up to me and was like "Are you tagalog or English?" Then I siad, Of course, I'm English. and she then told me she thought I was from another part in the Philippines. I laughed so hard. I think it was mostly the way she said it, but apparently I can pass as a Filipino? 

Also, it flooded real bad yesterday in our area. Thank goodness it didn't flood in the apartment... but needless to say, the water was half-way on my calf and I don't want to even know what was in that water. Probably the grossest thing I have done on my mission and I had no choice. 

But, in all honestly, despite all the weird experiences, I love the mission. I love this work and I know it is the work of our Heavenly Father. 

Mahal ko kayong lahat!
Sister Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment