Monday, July 7, 2014

Let's not worry about the how

So the big news for this week is that we have a new mission President! I guess that also happened last week... but I actually met him this week! They are really excited to be here and I'm excited to see the direction the mission will go. President Clark is an attorney. Which means....he is really logical, so I think we will get along just fine ;)
Joke. I'm actually not logical. But I really do understand the way he thinks. There are some adjustments in missionary work that he was asked to tell us about (details in the way we work with members and teach certain lessons). One thing I liked about what he said is, "Let's not worry about the how, because the how will work itself out. Let's think about why the Brethren want us to do it, and make it happen." And his wife is also cute. She's very concerned about our safety and about our health (I thought you would like that one, mom). 

As for other things going on.... not a whole lot. The area continues to progress. I am having my anak take the lead in the area and in the lessons, not because I'm lazy though. :) It's because I love her and want her to be successful when I leave the area. I still have about 4 or 5 weeks here though. 

Earlier, I was talking to my kabahay that's an american and we were talking about how it first, the culture was hard to adjust to, the climate, the food, everything. But how I realized how much I've adjusted and how it's starting to feel like home now. Even the weather matches now! :) Not only that, but how much I have grown to love the people here. And now if I eat ulam (which is the word for what you eat with rice) without rice, it tastes weird and I it's like it's too strong for me. I think people would be surprised and how much rice I eat. As in. 

Anyway. As for me, I'm still the same height.... :( It's safe to admit I have stopped growing. But I am getting fatter thanks to all that rice I was saying earlier. And my hair is getting longer. But that's about all that's changed physically. But I cannot tell you how much I have grown spiritually and emotionally. (I think if I said mentally, I'd just be getting ahead of myself) 

Love you all soooooooo much! Next week ulit!!!
Sister Holmes




 

No comments:

Post a Comment