Sunday, July 20, 2014

I survived Glenda

I am amazed at all of the things that are happening in this area... but I will probably only be here for another three weeks :) I'm really going to miss this area a lot, luckily I've still got time though! It is probably the smallest area in the whole mission, so I've probably talked to every single person here now. ;) Really though, I love this ward and the people here.

We had a "Typhoon" this week. I was Signal 3 here, which is strong, but it turned out find. We just weren't able to work for 2 or 3 hours because of flooding in our area, but it was just fine. The rain was heavy and the wind was crazy, but it didn't really hit that hard here in Tarlac. But I survived a typhoon so that's real cool. 

I can't believe how fast time is flying by! Some of my close friends I have made in the mission were halfway in their missions when I met them, and now their going home! :( I feel like I don't know anyone new in the mission anymore.. sometimes I still feel like the new one! :) Sadly for me, that's not so true anymore. I'm really grateful for all the experiences I have had on my mission though. :) 

One thing I have been thinking about a lot this week... well actually there's two. The first is about angels. There are both seen and unseen things moving this work forward. As missionaries, we have both unseen and seen angels. I'm grateful for leaders and for wonderful people back home who are my angels, as well as other relatives on the other side of the veil. I can really feel the strength that it brings me knowing there are so many people who want me to succeed. :) 

The second is about not giving up... on someone or something. Never give up. There are countless examples in the Book of Mormon when someone was about to give them success, and He brings the Holy Ghost and gives power to those people wo continue, no matter how hard it gets. Keep enduring! LOVE YOU! :) 

Sister Holmes (I don't know what I did to make this italics :) haha) 

No comments:

Post a Comment