Monday, March 24, 2014

"AWAKE You sleeping Giant of Mablacat!"

Ang bilis yung oras! I can't believe almost five months already! I'm so grateful for all the support that has been shown to me, my family- parents, siblings, aunts and uncles, grandparents, etc :) and friends. I read all the letters you send me all the time, and even if I can't reply back, I'm so grateful for the time you put into them. So one big thank you to all of you.

I have a lot of adventures here in the Philippines. It's really different from America and so different things happen. 

First of all we hiked a huge mountain/volcano thing today so that was cool. I kind of feel like my legs are going to fall off. It was literally vertical and a way good work out. It was super fun though and so beautiful. I'm grateful to be in such a beautiful country!

Another thing is that chastisement is a regular part of the sacrament meetings here. Which is fine because they do it lovingly and I think it's important for us to improve, but sometimes it's hard not to laugh. For example, this week one of the members of the bishopric was talking about this area will split if the attendance is regularly high. And he was like "AWAKE,  YOU SLEEPING GIANT OF MABALACAT!" And it woke up all the old people. And it was really funny :) 

We also had an investigator and we taught her about the plan of salvation. We got to the part about where we go after we die. We told her about each kingdom, the Celestial and how that's where we can live with our families forever, the Terrestrial Kingdom, where good people go who don't receive the gospel, and the Telestial for the wicked people. We asked her where she wanted to go and she launched into this story about how this is her second life and in a dream she had in between her two lives, she knew she would go to the Telestial Kingdom.... So we didn't really know what to do. We emphasized it was a choice based on her actions, but she's pretty set on the Telestial Kingdom. 

Our work is good. We found an investigator this week. I taught her once before when I was new in the mission, but she wasn't really interested. We were able to teach her again and she said that she feels that she is ready and this is the plan God has for her life at this time. She prayed and broke down and said that when she prayed she felt that first the first time Heavenly Father was listening. She's one of the people Heavenly Father was getting ready, but it taught me we need to be patient. 

Anyway, mahal ko kayong lahat! :) Salamat sa mga halimbawa nyo sa akin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment