Sunday, March 9, 2014

At Home away from home.

This week was so good! I can't believe how fast the time is going. I'm really starting to feel at home in the Philippines. Of course, I still have a long ways to go with the language and with my teaching skills, but I'm grateful that I was assigned here in this mission.

This past week, we had one day where a lot of the people that we teach, less actives and recent converts went to a stake activity. Appointment after appointment, no one was home. I began to feel discouraged and like I didn't know where else we could try. We tried a further area, and one of the investigators we have wasn't home as well. So, in a desperate attempt, we decided to visit a potential investigator, someone we had OYMed just a few days before. They willingly accepted us in to our home, and I felt the Spirit so strongly during the lesson. From this experience I leaned that sometimes we have to try everything and sometimes Heavenly Father allows  us to feel disappointment in order for us to really appreciate the good times and the true joy that comes from missionary work. It reminded me of the scripture in Ether that says "ye receive
 no witness until after the trial of your faith."

I'm so grateful for all the ways I'm growing here on my mission. I am not the same person I was when I left. I realized that before I had a strong testimony, but here on my mission I am truly becoming converted, and I'm learning to act on the things that I believe. As I have been here, I have never learned more about the Savior and the role He plays in my life. He is truly the reason for everything and I'm grateful for my opportunity to learn something new about Him everyday.
I love you all!
Sister Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment