Sunday, December 28, 2014

Work like normal

So... Christmas was real good this week. We had a Christmas Zone Conference which President said "was the closest to a day-off " we would have in our missions Which was true, we played Christmas Jeopardy and watched Mr. Krueger's Christmas. It was really fun and well-planned. But the best part of Christmas Conference is that I got to s old companions, old kabahays. and a bunch of other people. I really have been able to make a lot of friends here and it's been a good thing. 

For Christmas... we had lunch at a recent converts house, but then we just worked like normal. It was a good Christmas and i"m sure I will never forget it. This year, I really realized the true meaning of Christmas I think last year, I was really caught up in myself, because I'm far from home and I couldn't speak the language... but this year I realized that true Christmas is giving of ourselves. 

That being said, I've done a bit of self-reflection. I've realized that things that used to be really hard for me are not hard anymore. And I know for a fact that it's because Heavenly Father has helped me to become stronger, to become more capable, and to turn outwards. 

But anyway, we found this new investigator this week who has a lot of potential. He has multiple piercings and tattoos, so at first I doubted a little bit, but he is so willing to change. He actually came to church yesterday and I'm excited for him. We taught him last night and he had taken out his piercings! :) We didn't tell him, but the Spirit is really working in him.

When we were teaching him about the Plan of Salvation, we taught him about the three different kingdoms and he asked like once we were judged if we just stayed there... we started to answer him and then he asked us if the transportation fro the Terrestrial to the Celestial kingdom was expensive. 

I love being here in the Philippines. I love the people , I love the gospel, and I love missionary work. I feel like I can finally say I'm doing my best and that Heavenly Father is proud of what I'm doing. It's the same for all of us... as long as we are doing His will, He is prouder than we know. :) 

I love you all! Enjoy your week!! 
xoxo 
Sister Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment