Sunday, April 27, 2014

Heavenly Father protects his missionaries!

:) :) So once upon a time I'm so lucky to serve here in the Philippines. Best mission in the world! (maybe I'm biased....)   

Anyway this week, there was one night where it was raining really bad and we were in our really far area. It's hard to get a trike if it gets past 7, and it's way too dangerous to walk at night. But, it started raining really bad, there was lighting, and we were in the middle of teaching a family. We did what we could, and told them we would come back. We ended up not being able to leave yet because of the lightning being so close. So we stayed with them and answered their questions about the gospel. We didn't really know what we were going to do, then Tatay walked in. Tatay just so happens to be a trike driver, and he decided he would brave the weather again and take us home. The trike wouldn't start and I was praying that it would start. Finally, the kids came and pushed it to get it to start going. I'm so grateful for the kindness of this family. We were honestly scared, but I learned a lot from the experience. It's hard to say everything I felt. But I know that Jesus Christ is always there for me as a missionary. Heavenly Father protects His missionaries for sure! 

Since Lindsey just come back from India, I have been thinking a lot about her and about my experience there and the things I learned about serving God's children. It just hit me how much Heavenly Father prepares us for the things that He wants us to do. I have felt the steps in my life have helped me to serve a mission here. But I'm so excited my sister was able to have that experience, because service like that it literally life changing. :) 

Also, I might have a stalker so that's cool. (don't worry mom, i'm safe. remember earlier, Heavenly Father protects his missionaries!) There's just a member in a different ward that really likes Americans. He's been known to propose a\occasionally, but don't worry.. I'm not ready for marriage yet! haha

I feel like I am a completely different person from when I started.. I have grown so much and learned so much. And I'm not as picky with eating (I tried cheese flavored ice cream, avacado shake, and other things this week...interesting for sure!). But really, I'm learning who I am and I would not trade my experience for anything. Missions are hard. I have never been so stretched to my limits, but that's why I have been able to grow. Always remember that anything hard we go through helps us become better! :) It's like when you exercise and you are way sore the next day, but it's a good kind of sore. :) 

Anyways, mahal ko po kayo! :) 
xoxo Sister Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment