Sunday, February 16, 2014

1st transfer week coming up

Hello po!! :)
So, next week is tranfsers and I am freaking out a little bit because I'm going to lead the area (which I have basically been doing anyway), but mostly I will just miss my nanay (trainer). But that means this is my last full week with her in Mabalacat! Sad. But I'm excited for a new companion, although I will seriously miss Sister Ganancial. I'm really blessed to have such a good relationship with my trainer. :) 

So, I can see why people say this is one of the happiest times in your life. We have this one less active family that we teach and you can tell that the brother really has such a strong testimony, but they are having a lot of trials. We started teaching them like two months ago and the first time we taught him, Brother said na "Maybe you will be the ones to help me come back to church." And guess what? He came! I felt so much joy. He had a calling extended to him and everything and I know that this will change his family. Sister still has some reservations, but she's close. But it's interesting because we were asking directions from someone in an area different from where this family lives and we asked him if he had met Mormons before and he told us his brother was a member... Guess who? The brother we taught that just returned! So crazy. But the Lord's hand is constantly in the work! 

I have one person to tell you about. Nanay Primitiva. She is 83 years old and she is half paralyzed and is not able to attend church because she lives far. But she loves us coming. She so cute though. We ask her how she is and she will always answer.. basically translated still beautiful. :) But she is an amazing example. She reads from the Book of Mormon for an hour plus every day and she's just amazing. I feel like I learn more from her than she does from us. She has really good English and likes me to teach her in English (relief for me sometimes). One time Sister Ganancial asked her if Tagalog was okay and she told her that she doesn't understand Tagalog. But she's an amazing example and Iearn so much from her. I think one thing we can all learn from her though is that no matter what your circumstance is, no matter what trials you have that you can do good in the world, even if it's just small. 

Anyway, I love you all and I'm grateful for your examples to me!!!
Looooove,
Sister Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment