Sunday, December 22, 2013

Maligayang Pasko!!

First off Merry Christmas Adam!! (Because Adam comes before Eve!) The time is literally flying and I hear that it just gets faster so I don't know how I feel about that! I had a lot of really good experiences this week.

First off, last week during personal study I was able to finish the book of Mormon again. I LOVE the Book of Mormon. It really does help us now today. I definitely see that. Anyway. After I finished I just really felt like I should read Joseph Smith's testimony. I felt like I had never really read it, so I should. Later that night, one of our recent converts had a question about where the gold plates were and unless I had read Joseph Smith's testimony, there is no way I would've remembered. And at the time, I didnt realize that reading it was a prompting from the Spirit, but it definitely was. Wow. 

We also found a new investigator this week, Sister Kris! She's super nice. Her husband is a member and they are expecting their first child in a couple of months. She really has a lot of potential, but we will see where things go. We found her a one of the neighborhoods that we don't usually visit, Gawad Kalinga. It's a colorful little place. I like it there. I really do love all of our areas. In Northville, there's this bakery and it literally has the best donuts in the world. Yum. 

Anyway. This week was also our ward Christmas Party. Let's just say Filipinos know how to throw a good ward party. The different auxiliaries performed different dances and some of the neighborhood areas. Sooo funny.  Then we ate SO MUCH food. And it was all sooo good. One of the members got a plate for me, and literally it was bending in half there was so much food. And I really do like a majority of the food here (and dad, you'll be happy to know I had tuna this week and I even liked it). That's not to say I haven't eaten weird things, because that has happened, but I like a lot of what I eat. Also during the ward Christmas, the bishopric was just throwing candy at everyone. So that was way sweet. (Haaa get it?)

This week we also had a multi-zone Christmas conference so I was able to see a lot of my friends from the MTC! And we even had fake snow. Lots of fun performances from the different zones, and as always, really good food! We also had a zone activity today where we played volleyball and had a barbecue at a member's house! :) 

Another highlight of the week..... I FINISHED JESUS THE CHRIST. Literally, Christmas miracle. It's such a wonderful book about the life of our Savior. As I have been pondering about its overall message, I decided for me, it's that He lives! yes, He died and He died for us, but He is also living for us now. He is a man, but He is much more than that. If we will let Him work miracles in our lives, we will see them, if we have the faith. Christ performed many miracles while He was here on the Earth, but the biggest miracle of all is the miracle of the Atonement... that there is a way for us to become clean and perfect in Him so that we can return to live with our Father in Heaven. There are two main parts to the Atonement, there is the redemptive and cleansing part, but there is also a strengthening and enabling part. I can say that I've really learned for myself that power and strength that is available to all through the Atonement. December is a month of miracles! Let His biggest miracle work in your life! 

Mahal na mahal ko kayo lahat!! 
Maligayang Pasko!! 

xoxo Sister Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment