Monday, December 9, 2013

Jeepney Perfection!

Soooo my new p-day is monday!! Yayy. I'm assigned in the Mabalacat area just north of Angeles city. It's considered a city area. My nanay (it means mom, but it's the word we use for trainer) is Sister Ganancial (like financial, but with a g). She's from Iloilo and had been out for almost ten months. Shes an amazing teacher and an even better person and missionary. :) We have a lot of fun together. Yesterday I taught her how to say cray (instead of crazy) and she taught me spag strap (spaghetti strap.) Soo exciting. We are over three nieghborhoods... I guess that's what you would call them. One thing that I have come to realize besides the fact that I know literally no Tagalog, is that missionary work is hard. But I have honestly have never felt so happy in my entire life. It's so fulfilling. The bishop and all the members are just amazing!!! And I can honestly say I'm never hungry because they feed us so well. The weirdest thing I've tried so far was some shrimp paste, and let's just say I don't recommend it :) :)
Well the Philippines. It's so hot, but we have fans in our rooms to keep us cool. My new favortie thing though is when we ride the jeepneys and now I'm brave enough to say bayad po and para po all on my own. When you ride a jeepney, you pay by saying bayad po and passing your money toward the driver. Don't worry though, it's perfectly safe when he gets your change as he is driving. :) And para po is just when you want to stop. I'm a pro at jeepney riding if nothing else. We dont do a whole lot of walking because it is too dangerous in the city areas. We mostly just have been teaching a lot of recent converts and less actives. We have a few investigators, but the hardest thing is that a lot of them have husbands that dont want them to join the church. Sad face. 
I don't really know what else to except I love eating rice for every meal every day. 
Oh man. Also I wish all of you could come visit a mall in the Philippines. They're insane. 
Well mahal ko kayo!!!
xoxo, Sister Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment