Sunday, February 8, 2015

Christ needs disciples

What an adventure. . .This week was really fantastic! We had a meeting on Tuesday and spent the whole day at the mission home. So that was really fun. I learned a lot, but there is two things that really stuck out to me.

The first is President talked about the gift of tongues. Even though I can speak Tagalog (not that I'm perfect or completely fluent) I was really inspired. Learning a language is hard,but I have really learned how to rely on Heavenly Father. President talked about how if we don't open our mouths, we won't learn. I think that's how Heavenly Father works though. It is an act of faith. It's not just learning languages though.. Whether we feel inadequate in our callings, our responsibilities  or if we feel like we can't fully live up to the expectations of Heavenly Father, we just need to show a little faith, act and he will make up the rest. Help from our Heavenly Father does not come in great big spurts, but is the constant power that helps keep us going. :) 
The second... Christ needs disciples. He does not need us to do things our own ways, but He needs us to do it in His way- the perfect way.

We've also been house hunting this week looking for a new apartment. I don't want to grow up and have to do that for myself... it's such a pain. :) I'm learning a lot of valuable lessons I think. haha. 

Also, Valentine's Day is this week! I have a date with my companion, Sister Gerardo! :) Our investigator has his baptismal interview!! :) 

Anyway, I love you all and hope you have a good week!! Happy Valentine's Day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment