Monday, August 11, 2014

"Getting fatter" is a compliment

I realized I am acquiring a lot of really useful skills here on the mission... I can wash my laundry by hand (pictures to come... next week probably, just to keep you excited), I can cook some filipino food now, and I'm really good at eating rice. I actually don't feel full if I don't eat it. 

Another thing- I used to get really offended because people always tell me I getting fatter, that I got fat or that I used to be skinnier here. One thing I have learned about the culture here is the whole fat-skinny thing is just part of the culture. For all of your information, I am now in the "getting fatter" stage. Thank you Ward 1. 

Most likely, I will be transferred this week. If not, I will be embarrassed. 

Today, my nanay in the mission went home. :( :( I'm sad, but also excited for her! We suprised her with a t-shirt that has a quote on the front and our names (all of us in our house) on the back! But for sure I will miss her, but I can't wait to see all the great things in store for us. We would always joke about her "next companion." which of course, her eternal companion. She didn't like that much, but I'm grateful for all that I learned for her and the good start she gave me here in the mission. 

This week, I have never been more "punted" in my life, but I learned a lot about the things Heavenly Father expects of us. Even when it's hard, and hot outside, we need to keep going. My patience was tested this week, as well as my diligence. Heavenly made a way for us to do the things that we needed to do though. I've seen the difference that effective study makes in the work. Even if we are rejected at every appointment, as long as we do our best to keep the Spirit through our obedience, I know that Heavenly Father will let us see the bigger picture. I realized that when we have trials or problems and it's hard, it's because we don't quite see the big picture- or the plan or reason Heavenly Father sees. Yes, it's hard, but with His help, we can do it.

Love you all keep on keepin on!! \
Sister Holmes xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment