Sunday, June 15, 2014

Missing Pizza and Mac and Cheese two favorites

This week was AMAZING. As always. I've really been missing pizza and macaroni and cheese like nobody's business. I was thinking, man, mac and cheese is my favorite food and I can't eat it for 18 months. Now that's what we call sacrifice. 

In all reality though there are so many more blessings because of  sacrifice. I once heard that sacrifice is liking giving something away and Heavenly Father replacing it with something better. (For my parents, that means you gave away the old me to get a new better me in the future... but it takes 18 months for that to happen;)) 

For example, we had a broadcast yesterday in our stake with Elder Cook, and Elder Teh of the Seventy, Sister McConkie of the Young Womens Presidency and Bishop Davies. Every single talk at stake conference was spot on and exactly what I needed to hear. I felt the Spirit so strongly during those talks. Of course, I still have awhile in the mission field, but before my mission, I studied at BYU for one year and I haven't selected a major yet. There's one I've always kind of wanted and it was confirmed to me during the talk of Bishop Davies about the disasters here in the Philippines that I should continue with the major I want, Sociology. I just am seeing the blessings that are coming to my life because of my service here. And there is so many more than that. 

So, it's officially rainy season. I thought I liked rain... but now I realize I just like being inside when it's raining. No matter what, we go out to work and my skirt gets soaked and my feet get dirty. And that's pretty much how it goes. But it's a lot of fun. I'm just grateful I have a good umbrella. But it's a lot better than summer that's for sure so I'm not complaining. It's definitely always an adventure. 

Anywaysss, I had a lesson this week where I really felt like it was not me teaching. I felt that there was nothing I could say that would help them, but surprisingly words came and I don't know what the effect was, but during that time, I know they felt the Spirit. there are so many challenges that come with missionary work. And let's face it, there's so many challenges that come with life, but when we do everything we can to be good and to truly become better people, God helps us. I know that even if we feel helpless or worthless or forgotten, God does not feel that way. We are of infinite worth and we are never forgotten by our loving Father in Heaven. 

I love you all! :) 
Sister Holmes
 

PS:  Dad I hope you have a happy fathers' day.. I hope you have a good day and know that I appreciate the example that you are of a priesthood holder! I'm grateful for all your sacrifices and hard work so that I could be here! Love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment