Monday, June 23, 2014

Endure it well

Oh man.... you know that cheesy saying that's like time flies when you are having fun! Its true. I literally cannot believe that it has been 8 months already. It is flying!! I've really learned so much and I'm really grateful for all the spiritual experiences and for all the relationships I have made. :) Just so you know, I literally give up on English. So just bear with me if there's any spelling mistakes.

This week was real good. We have a baptism this week so that's real exciting. I really feel like she's ready. I know that I promised our brothers and sisters in the Pre-mortal existence that if they didn't have the gospel that I would bring it to them, and I really feel that she is one of them. And I can see how much the gospel will bless her in the years to come. :) Missionary work is happy. 

Despite the challenges, there's always a positive side to life. There's always something for us to be grateful for. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us because He loves us and He knows exactly what we need and exactly who we are and what will make us strong. I'm grateful for my knowledge of the gospel and for the Plan of Salvation. I never understood how important that was until I came here on the mission. It gives an eternal perspective and helps us get through our challenges, knowing that everything will be for our good.  

I want to share a scripture this week from Doctrine and Covenants Section 121.
7 My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;
 8 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.
 9 Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands.

No matter what our trials, and no matter what we are going though, it's for our good and we will ALWAYS have someone who will help us get through it. More than anyone, even when we feel alone, I know that Jesus Christ understands perfectly what we feel and that we are truly never alone. 
 
I love you all more than you know!!

Sister Holmes 

No comments:

Post a Comment