Monday, May 12, 2014

Swyper no swiping!

So I'm kind of in a Dora the Explorer phase right now... My companion likes to ask me questions like... "Sister Holmes, do you see the house of our investigators? There it is! Let's go." Plus other things like the Backpack song and the song about the Map... and now I'm embarrassed because I clearly know WAY too much about Dora the Explorer.

Speaking of my companion... she's awesome! She goes home in a week and I am going to miss her so much! She has taught me a lot and we have a lot of fun together. But honestly, her teaching skills are amazing and she's just awesome! :) Man, I really feel like all of my companions are my best friends.

So basically, being white is really weird. Everyone stills stares at me... and I kind of thought that I would be used to it by now, but it turns out that it is still weird. So that's awesome. We got in a trike the other day and one of the other drivers said to our driver "Wow, you got the American, be careful." I realized that they have probably they have been saying things like that my whole time here and I actually understand it now. 

It was actually pretty amazing yesterday when I was reading in the Book of Mormon. I was reading about the 2,000 Stripling Warriors, which was so fitting for yesterday because it was Mother's Day (Shout out to my awesome mom!). Of course, we know that it talks about the way that their mothers taught them not to doubt. I really have come to have an appreciation for my mom that I did not have before my mission. I mean, of course I appreciated her, but it's different being here. She is definitely my number one fan, and has always done everything in her power to do what's right for me. Most importantly, she has taught me by example. I'm here on the mission because of the way she raised me. She taught me how to serve others, to work hard, and to love unconditionally and I get to practice those things here in the mission!

Anyways... as always I love you alllll!! :) Ipromise I will send pictures sometime.... :) :) Probably next week! :) 
Take care xoxox sister Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment